Jana Land

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ride 'em Cowboy!

I thought that I was going to break my perfect attendance last night, but much to my surprise, I ended out once again. My sister's boyfriend, Erik, came in town just to go to Saddle Ridge (the new country bar previously known as The Wild Dawg). Just like any other night out, I had to start out at Hank's, but soon after I went to Saddle Ridge. It reminded me of The Wild Dawg so it's not like it was new and exciting. I spent many nights there my freshman and sophomore years in college. Scott Hasa was there so that also made me feel like I went back in time. All we were missing was Terra outside on the wall with no control over her body. That was one of our favorite bars to go to when Scott came to Huntington. Anyway, it was his girlfriend, Karen's birthday. Erik, Aaron, Brian, and Steve were also there. Karen, Brian and I have known each other since elementary school, we graduated high school together and we went to the same church. Of course I had just enough liquid courage to ride the mechanical bull. Boy my legs hurt today. It seemed like a great idea, but the boots I had on weren't. Scott was the only one that would ride the bull besides me. It doesn't seem like we were there very long before I talked everyone into going back to Hank's. I had a great time and I am glad that I went out. I haven't really figured out how to do the captions on the pictures so I will just do it my way. The first picture is when we got back to Hank's. Karen is on the left followed by Scott, Erik, Brian and me. The next picture is Erik, Brian and Scott. The one after that is Scott riding the bull. The other three are of me riding or attempting to ride the bull. They go in order. Mount, ride and "dismount". I don't think Erik could have got a better shot than he did for the "dismount". I have more pictures if anyone wants to see them all. Just let me know and I'll send you the link.









Other updates:

I finally found Frosty Paws ice cream for Peanut. She loved it! Thanks Amber for letting me know that stuff existed. She would have eaten the cup if I didn't take it from her. I have been looking for it ever since this summer because I saw how much Peaches and Dixie loved it.


I forgot to mention Thursday's highlight. The Budweiser guys were at Hank's and that always means a good time along with a cheap tab. They bought us endless bottles on Michelob Ultra Amber a.k.a. Ultrabock. That stuff is awesome! I am a Michelob Light girl, but this may become may new favorite beer. Way to go Budweiser! Damn, I have found a new favorite beer and diet soda. What's next?

Funny story about last night:

Some random kid opened up my car door and tried to get a ride. I don't know if he was that drunk that he thought we were his friends or if he really just wanted a ride. At first, we were like, "what the hell?" Then I asked him how much he would pay me. He seemed harmless enough! Steve gets his crippled ass out of the car and tries to fight him. Erik also got out and eventually the kid walked off. I felt bad for him because he was obviously clueless.

Erik and I went to breakfast this morning at Golden Corral. It was the first time I ever had breakfast there and the first time I had an omelet. The omelet was prepared by Chef Jeff and it was awesome! I couldn't finish it because I didn't feel so great. I think that five nights in a row with no sleep may have something to do with it. I was very ashamed of myself because I couldn't eat anymore. I regretted it a few hours later when I woke up from my nap so I decided to go to Walmart hungry and I spent $250 (not all on food).

6 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

I am so jealous! I would have loved to hang out with you guys. It looks like you had a blast.

March 12, 2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Weren't you in Elkview this weekend? I am jealous of that! Maybe some of you Lexington kids can come to Huntington and we'll go to that bar. That would be great!

March 12, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger B$ said...

Never a dull moment with Jana Banker! Maybe we can start an exchange program. Trip to West V for a trip to Lexington for a trip to Cincy for a trip to the ATL. We could turn it into a Road Rules type game (I don't watch the show, so someone else will have to deal with the details).

March 13, 2006 2:36 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Sounds like a great idea!

March 13, 2006 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some priceless pics - I wish I was able to see you ride that bull in real time.

March 13, 2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Come on down! I love when people come visit. Besides, I can't wait to meet you Jen.

March 13, 2006 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home