Jana Land

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Is It A Sign?

I was at the gym tonight and I saw a clip for the upcoming news that I could only take as a sign. I'm not sure where it happened or why, but it was from the local news. The only information I got was that a tractor trailer crashed into a dentist's office. Sound familiar? Well, it does to me. It sounds a lot like the image of a train wreck in my head as I passed out in the dentist office. Even crazier, I have another appointment tomorrow for a cleaning. Now I know that it is just a cleaning, but it was also just x-rays last week when I passed out cold. The dentist called me yeaterday to confirm my appointment. Of course, I couldn't get to my phone because I was ont the other line at work. I was afraid they were going to leave a message that they did find something wrong and I needed to come in right away for immediate surgery. Will this fear of the dentist ever stop haunting me? I doubt it. Will it ever get easier? I doubt it. All I know is that I am going to be a nervous wreck until I get my wisdom teeth taken out. In a way I am looking forward to it. I will be able to sleep during the day without feeling guilty. Jen said a little bit of weight loss may occur (I can definetely put up with that). Pain pills are also a plus according to Brett. My mom might be able to come stay with me for a couple of days. On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to it because I want to pass out everytime I think about it. So I am going to quit talking about it now.
I am trying to get back to the gym, but I have had zero motivation lately. I was going 3-5 times a week. I felt great and I wanted to go every night. Regretfully, I have only been 1-2 times a week since the Ski Trip because I haven't had any motivation. By the end of my 10 hour work days, I just want to come home and relax. The problem is that I can't relax because I feel guilty for not going to the gym. So if I don't go to the gym I wake up in the middle of the night pissed off because I wasted another evening. It's a viscous cycle!
On a different note, the first episode of the new Real World is on tonight. Yeah, I admit, I am a Real World junkie. I never liked the show until Chicago, but now I'm hooked. I am having a hard time staying awake for it because this is usually my bedtime. I will probably fall asleep as soon as it comes on. I wonder why they don't have Real World marathons anymore. They were the best especially when I had a hangover. Actually, I wonder what happened to a lot of the "quality" television I used to enjoy. Sometimes it seems as if I can't find just one decent show to watch when I want to. OK, this is all I have for the evening. Goodnight!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jana- not to make you worry more but I had my wisdom teeth taken out in Huntington also, and they would not prescribe me pain pills. All they gave me was extra strength Tylenol, because they said since it was a college town and there were so many young students, that they were afraid of "Kids" including myself, getting hooked or selling them to other college friends. My dad, who you know is even a doctor, called to talk some sense into the dentist and he refused. All I got was Tylenol! I won't tell you the rest of the story or you will never go back to get it done.

March 02, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Who did you go to? I'm not going there!

March 02, 2006 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home