Jana Land

Sunday, February 19, 2006

2006 Recap...Sort Of

So far 2006 has been a good year. It has gone by so fast! I can't believe that February is almost over. Where did January go? Not much happened in January except I went to visit my gramma in Ohio for a weekend. I haven't been there in so long because she usually comes here. Peanut also had a great time because my gramma has a huge yard for her to run in. I think she slept for 3 days straight when we got home. I can't wait to get a yard with a fence so she can go outside and run around. Right now I have to keep her on a leash and she just about drags me down everytime I take her out. Anyway, there I go again rambling about something noone cares about.


The most exciting event of 2006 so far was THE SKI TRIP. I was so excited when Amber invited me. I had never been on this trip before, but I sure am glad that I went. I met about 20 great new people. This is the group photo. We had to take it again on the last night so we are missing a couple of people (Damn, format buttons). Anyway, it was awesome! I have never had so much fun without going in public for three days. Actually I've never stayed inside that long. The only time I left the cabin was to go on the deck to get more beer. For more photos and details Phil's blog is where you want to go www.allthingsphil.blogspot.com
The funny thing about this trip is the name of the trip. It has been going on for six years now and nobody goes skiing. I think they attempted it the first year and that's where the name came from.
My favorite part of the trip was "Gatlingburg Idol". The second night kind of got interuppted by stair diving, but that's ok because I sang enough on Friday for the whole group. I hate it when nobody will take the microphone away from me. Even though we didn't have Bell Biv Devoe, I managed to make it. We better have it next year or I'm not going! I really had a great time. I can't wait until next year.

Not much else has happened so far. At least nothing worth writing about. As always, Valentine's Day sucked this year. I think it is the stupidest holiday ever. Ironically enough my boss made me take the day after off. Note to all: Never give a single person the day after Valentine's Day off. It's just a free ticket to get drunk. I had to go to the hospital with my mom the next morning and then I drove to Beckley to pick up my brother. It was complete torture. Well, I guess this wasn't much of a recap, but I can't recap things that don't happen. I need to do some stuff for work. I am going to take a test on Tuesday to get promoted and I haven't even looked at the stuff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Keep up the good work Jana! Love your blog! Get ready for Ski Trip VII-- its gonna be even bigger and badder.


This blog is---poison!*

*sung to the tune of "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe

February 19, 2006 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did so great on "Gatlinburg Idol" Jana, that I would have gladly given up the title to you. Ahem... AMy Jo!
Megan D
Great Blog, Jana!

February 20, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Thanks guys! Maybe that is what I should have named my blog!

February 20, 2006 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home