Jana Land

Saturday, February 18, 2006

My First Entry

I have decided to start a blog. I have wanted to for awhile now, but I haven't had the time. I am extremely bored today so I figured it was a good day to get the ball rolling. Many people have told me that I need to write a book because of the crazy, interesting, and stupid things that happen to me. Well, I don't have the patience for a book so this blog will have to do.
First, I'll just give a brief background of myself. My name is Jana Banker. I am 23 years old and I live in Barboursville, WV. I am orginally from Pittsburgh, PA, but I moved to Pinch, WV in 1990. Five years ago I moved to Huntington, WV to attend Marshall University. I graduated in May 2004 with a Marketing degree and I am still here. I currently work at Enterprise. I have a dog, Peanut, who was found in a box at a rest area. I have had her for a little over a year now. I will probably post a lot of pictures of her. I also have a cat, Bella. I have had her for almost three years. She finally started coming around again after a year of hiding from the dog. Here is a picture of Peanut. Isn't she cute?

I named my blog "Jana Land" because everyone says that it is where I am most of the time. Last summer I went on a trip to my friend's cabin for her birthday. I had some off the wall comment and everyone just looked at me. My friend Ashley said, "I would like to go to Jana Land for just one day." I replied, "it's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there!" Apparently that has become a few of my friend's favorite quote. I thought that name was very appropriate for the blog. Thoses of you who don't really know me will understand more and more after each post. That is all I have right now. I am going to take a nap because it is cold outside and there's not much else to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home