Jana Land

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Where Have You Been All Of My Life?


Peanut and Dixie finally met today! At first, it was a little scary. Peanut was sleeping when Amber got here so she woke up to a strange dog in her house. She was not happy at all. I put her in the cage to try to calm her down and it sounded like there was a monster in there. We decided it would be best if we went outside and tried it again. Of course, she still refused to accept Dixie. She doesn't really like other dogs because she's used to me giving her all of my attention. Dixie was fine, which I knew she would be. I knew that Peanut was going to be the problem. After a lot of growling, barking and snapping, they finally got used to each other. One minute later they were running around and playing with each other like they were the best of friends. Amber and I got caught in the leashes a million times. I am so excited that they get along. Now I can go to Lexington and take her with me! We took them back inside and we didn't have any problems except when Amber was eating her salad. She had a piece of chicken and Peanut decided she really wanted it and she would bite Dixie's head off if she needed to in order to get it. That's the piece of chicken in the picture that caused the fight. Obviously, the picture was taken pre-fight. I heard her snap and I about jumped over Amber's head because I was afraid we were going to have a fight. Everything was fine when Amber gave Peanut the piece of chicken. Besides that incident, they were perfect angels. They were so funny and cute together. Dixie really wanted to go upstairs, but Peanut would get in front of her everytime she tried. By the time Amber was ready to leave, they were both passed out in the floor. After they left Peanut cried for a good ten minutes. It was the saddest cry I have ever heard from a dog. These two were meant to be together. It's just a shame that they can't have more play dates.



4 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

It's so cute that Peanut cried for Dixie. Bring her to Lexington anytime!

February 27, 2006 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dog owners are freaks.

February 27, 2006 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the first picture it looks like love at first site...Suzanner

February 28, 2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Love at first sight or bight?

February 28, 2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home