Jana Land

Thursday, February 23, 2006

What A Day!

Wow, what a day! Obviously I have been busy because it's now almost 10:00 and I'm not in bed. I passed my test that I took for work. My city manager said congratualtions this morning and I didn't even know that I had passed. I really didn't have a doubt in my mind, but everyone else knew before me. Oh well, I am just glad that I got that over with. After I got off work I went to the gym. I came home got a shower, made some dinner and checked my e-mail. By the way, nice job everyone for replying to the survey. I had no idea that many people would respond. Now if we could just get some of the others to reply. Anyway, after I got done with my e-mail, I cooked breakfast. I promised everyone at the office that I would bring them breakfast in the morning. Hopefully I will remember to put it in the oven in the morning.
I went to the dentist today. Good news is that I do not have an abscess tooth or any cavities. Bad news is that I do have to get my wisdom teeth cut out and I passed out in the chair. Yeah, that's right I passed out completely. It gets even worse. The poor girl was just getting X-Rays when it happened. I hadn't even seen the doctor yet! One minute I was sitting there kind of nervous and shaking, but I told myself I would be fine. The next minute I had some freaky image in my head about a train wreck (which may be a symbol of my life). When I came to one of my shoes had come off and I had no idea where I was. Of course I started freaking out and I cried. I have never passed out before. Well, at least when I'm sober. I think not eating all day may have something to do with that. They took me to another room to calm me down. I finally calmed down and they finished the X-Rays. I apologized to the girl and told her that was the first time this had ever happened to me. She said it was her first time too. I might be a an adult, but I am not going back unless my mom is with me. Of course, I called her as soon as I left to tell her what happened. She laughed at me! I had to go back to work afterwards and I wasn't right for the rest of the day. I'm still not right. I was as pale as a ghost forever today. I'm still in shock over this. For those of you who have never passed out, I hope you never go through it. For those of you who have, I feel bad for you. I never want to go through that again, but chances are I will next week when I go to get my teeth cleaned. The dentist suggested that I take a valum before my appointment next week. It's just a cleaning, but I think I freaked him out. I freaked myself out. I am going to be nuts until I get my wisdom teeth pulled. I am going to have to buy The Office DVD and some more seasons of Friends to make it through the down time. Thanks to Brett and Jen for the good advice. Pain pills and weight loss, count me in! Well, that's all I have right now. I am getting light headed thinking about this. I'm going to bed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's good that you don't have a bad tooth. Now your head won't fall off! Yeah!
Megan D

February 24, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Amber Moles said...

Jana, this could only happen to you. I'm sorry that you had such a traumatic experience. Good Luck with the wisdom teeth!

February 24, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I'm sure the wisdom teeth will contribute to some interesting blog entries!

February 24, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

I forget... do you get smarter or dumber when they pull your wisdom teeth?

February 25, 2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Hopefully smarter because I can't afford to get dumber!

February 25, 2006 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan, sorry you had to experience this, but I laugh my head off every time I hear the story! Love ya, Terra

February 26, 2006 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home