Jana Land

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Girls Rule...Boys Drool!

I know it's been forever since an update, but remember that Brett went 4 months. OK, now that I don't look so bad I am going to get started. I need to vent a little bit today. I usually don't let things get to me more than a few minutes. In fact, it takes a lot to get me fired up and that I am at this moment! I am going to refer to the subject of anger as "the boy" to protect him for embarassment, but most of you will know who "the boy" is. As a matter of fact that is how I referred to him to other people. I knew it was bad news because we met when he was on a date with maybe one of the craziest people I have ever witnessed. Just ask the people that were at dinner on New Year's Eve. My favorite highlight of the evening was when she said to her food, "stop it, you're embarassing us." Another favorite is that her New Year's reolution was to brush her teeth more often. Yuck! Anyways, that evening I met "the boy" and he seemed like a nice enough guy, but that's all I knew about "the boy" and thought it was the end. A couple of weeks later we ran into each other at the bar and we played some darts. Again, I didn't think anything of it. I was just having a good time and that was the end of it. I wish! That evening I left to meet some other friends at a different bar. "The boy" said he wanted to go because it was on his way home. Of course at this point I was in party mode and I thought the more the merrier! Anyway, to make a long and boring story semi-short, we ended up talking for a few weeks. I knew that something wasn't right. I never really knew what the attraction was, but I guess there was one. However, it did not take me long to realize that it just wasn't right. Don't get me wrong, "the boy" is a nice guy, but very "different". And by different, I do mean strange! He is so whiny and pathetic. He never wanted to do anything. All he wanted to do was sit at home and watch his sci-fi crap. He was so uptight about everything that it made me want to choke him out. He worried about every little thing. I, on the other hand, am so the complete opposite. I love to just have fun and I have developed a very careless attitude, which by the way, I love! Why did I think this was a good idea? I don't know. If anyone has an answer, let me know. I thought I was just being a bitch so I thought I would give "the boy" a chance. My friends all told me,"just see what happens". At this point, most of them thought he was a nice guy too. I thought, "ok, I don't have anything else going on right now". Damn, I wish I knew then what I know now. One night something just wasn't right so I asked "the boy" what was wrong. He had a story about an ex (who wasn't an actual girlfriend) that I am not completely sure is true. He said that she called him and he was having a hard time trying to decide. I let him know that it was his decision, but he needed to make it because I don't need any drama with his baggage. "The boy" picked me and I wish he wouldn't have. After that incident I didn't really want to work things out. I knew I was done. Things started to fade and I knew things were over on Valentine's Day. I had the day after off work and "the boy" knew that well in advance. By the time I got off work, "the boy" still hadn't called me to see if I wanted to do something. I have never liked Valentine's Day, but I thought for a change I may have a date this year. Wrong again! "The boy" didn't call me until 7:30 that evening and I was already at the bar. I knew then that we were through. I think I was just waiting for an excuse. I also learned that February 14th is also Singles Awareness Day (SAD). I love that! It all worked out very well because I had an awesome time that evening. I met the girls out and we had a blast. We were also blessed to meet Candlewick. Funny story how he got this nickname and I am happy to say that I am the one that gave it to him. I asked Cara what his name was and I thought she said Candle. I said, "first name Candle, middle name Wick." Needless to say that name has stuck with him and everyone now refers to him as Candlewick. I think it is hilarious that people that have known him for years are calling him that. I guess he used to be a Hank's regular. He finally returned from the dead after a couple of years. Anyway, we ended up singing karaoke and I had a great time. Here is a picture of us singing "Love Shack" in the style of Hooked on Phonics! Anyway, back to the bitching. I am not complaining about "the boy" and the time that we spent together. For the most part I did have a good time, but I am highly pissed off at him today. You may ask why has brought on this bitchfest? Well, "the boy" freaked me out last night. When we were talking, "the boy" did not like to go out. Now that we have called it quits, "the boy" is out all the time, at my bar! I see him out all the time and he doesn't bother me. I have sort of avoided having conversations with him lately because we don't really have much to talk about. Last night, I played one game of darts and he was on my team. I know that I am mature enough to have a conversation with him without getting crazy, but he is not. Apparently "the boy" took my nice gesture of playing darts the wrong way. I left to go meet some friends at another bar. Not long after I got to the bar, I looked over and he was there! I bet you're thinking it's not so bad, but it gets better. He did not meet anyone there and he is not friends with any of the people I met there. He didn't even talk to anyone. He just stood at the bar and stared at me. When I left Hank's, he was heading in the other direction. I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to come there. He finally got the hint and left. I thought, "ok, no big deal, he's gone." Nope, wrong again! He sent me all kinds of goofy text messages. I won't go into detail, but he is obviuosly nuts. He said stuff like, "tonight reminds me of old times". What the hell is he thinking? Old times! We talked for a short amount of time and it was only a month ago! By this point, I was so pissed that I was not a nice person. He still did not get it. Finally after several annoying text messages I told "the boy" goodnight. This morning I wanted to send an e-mail just to let him know how creepy I thought it was that he followed me to the bar. As I am signing on, he sends a message to me apologizing for last night. "The boy" obviously has some issues. I went ahead and sent him an e-mail just to save some time because I had to go to work. I let him know that it was strange and asked him what the reason for all this crap was. I do not know what his intentions are, but I do not want to be anything more than friends. I'm not even sure I want to be his friend after this episode. There are many more details, but it makes my head hurt to think about it. Anyway, he replied a few hours later saying that the bartender, which is my friend, thought that I was a little tipsy and she suggested that he checked on me. Bullshit! One, I was sober because I had to work today and I was driving. Two, the bartender does not let me drive if I've had too much to drink. Three, I am pretty sure that she would have said something to me and not him! Maybe I am wrong, but it just doesn't add up right. If you don't think someone is ok to drive, the thing to do is talk to them about it before they drive. Do not stalk them! He even admitted that it was a little "stalker-like." You think? This is why I am so pissed? My friends that did witness this situation were also freaked out. I would never put myself in this situation. I hope his excuse is that he was drunk. If not, he's just plain retarded.
OK, enough bitching about that. I just can't believe "the boy". Something must be in the air because people are breaking up left and right in this town. I know of several break-ups and one divorce that have happened recently. Not including me and "the boy" because I did not consider that a relationship. Some of the people are handling it very well. Others may need to seek professional help. I just can't believe all the drama. The other night I was evaluating my situation. I never really have any drama myself. I was joking around and said, "I wish I had some drama in my life. The only drama I have is my friends'." The bartender, who will remain nameless, did not like that comment. I was just joking, but it is very true. I never really have any drama. I am always helping my friends with their drama, but why don't I have any? I am not saying that I want it. I am actually lucky not to have any. I also find it funny that people come to me for realtionship advice because I am an idiot when it comes to relationships. I love to help them, but I don't think I am much help. My answer to everything is that the solution is at the end of the bottle! Not really, but drinking is the only kind of therapy I am able to provide in these situations.
Oh I just thought of a good story pertaining to my boy drama. I needed a date to my company's Holiday Party back in December so I asked a friend to go with me. I had only known this guy for a couple of months, but I thought it was a good idea. Note to self, I will take someone that I know very well next year. It was a nice party held at the Embassy Suites in Charleston and from what I remember, I had a good time. The last thing I remember is saying I will be right back as I stumbled up to my room. Damn the bartenders giving us two glasses of wine at a time. I woke up two hours later on my stomach with my arms streched out still in my dress. I guess I passed out around 9:30 or so. Not really sure on the details. The next day I woke up and had no idea where my "date" was. He finally came back to the room, but I didn't ask for any details. I kind of gathered something about him hooking up with someone and it was a Branch Manager from another branch. How funny is that? The funniest part is that they now live together and they are thinking about buying a house together. Keep in mind this was just about three months ago. I am so happy that I could contribute to their happiness! If it wasn't for me they would still be lost.
In other news, Cara and I have had perfect attendence this week at Hank's. It is very sad considering we both work early every morning. Tuesday we agreed that we wouldn't go out until Friday. Wednesday we agreed that we wouldn't go out until Friday. Thursday it was safe to say that we weren't going out until Friday. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time when I go, but I have been so good lately. Peanut is about ready to divorce me! Also, I have a funny story to share. Cara called me on my way home last night to tell me about her Wendy's experience. She pulled up to the window and they took her order. The "nice lady" told her to please pull around. She pulled around and patiently waited for her order. Much to her surprise, Wendy's was closed. I guess they have automated systems there now and they forgot to turn them off. I'm just wondering how long it took her to realize they were closed.
I don't know if anyone has heard of the show "Monk", but I also have another Cara story. She called me when I got home last night laughing her ass off. She ordered me to get to a TV fast. I turned it on and she told me to go to USA. The episode where he was at the dentist was on. Apparently she thinks my trauma with the dentist is funny. I, however, almost got sick watching it. I would like to watch it sometime because I'm sure it's great, but I will have to take a nerve pill before I do!
I also have a little update on my dreams. I keep having dreams about cargo vans and people from Hank's. Maybe it's a sign that I work too much and go to Hank's too much. It's true, I do work too much! I think I was traumatized by the thought that Scott was mad at me because that night I had a dream that he held a gun to my head and made me drive a cargo van. 321 ZAP, bitch! I also had a strange one about my gramma's house. For some reason she had this long driveway. I left my purse in my car at the very end and it was unlocked. When I realized that I went out to get it. Some chubby kid came running up the hill with it. I chased him and he threw it at a very mean dog. Then the dog was wearing it. The dog was biting the crap out of me. Finally I beat the shit out of him with a stick and got my purse. I have the craziest dreams. Wow, this sure is a long entry. I think I'll end it now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I waited about 1 minute. Damn technology!

March 12, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

What?

March 12, 2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a creepy story.

This is a great blog. I havent updated mine in a few weeks but once I do I will be sure to kick you out the link. However, I might be starting a new blog fresh through this website as I like the layout.

Take care,

Andrew (CW)

March 12, 2006 2:57 PM  
Blogger B$ said...

Interesting story. I'm sure there are other tails of stalker-like behavior that could be recounted by our blogging staff.

March 12, 2006 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home