Jana Land

Thursday, March 02, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood


It's official, I now have spring fever! I hate when it's cold outside. What's worse? When it's warm like today, but then it gets cold again. It's mother nature's way of teasing the hell out of me. To enjoy this weather while it lasts, Peanut and I went cruising around the neighborhood today. I've lived here since the end of September and I've only taken her on a long walk one time. Even then it wasn't much of a walk because it started getting dark and we had to go back home. I will be going on a lot more once it gets warmer, but Peanut may be limited to only once in awhile. She was good, but she raised a little bit of hell in the neighborhood. She had every dog within a two mile radius barking. She managed to find the biggest mud puddle and ran right through it. She got so tired that she wanted to sit down every five seconds. Also, she pooped in the yard at a church.

I was going to take her home and go back out, but then we got stuck. I was walking down a street I've never been down before and out of nowhere there was a HUGE dog that wasn't on a leash. Before there was a disaster I turned around hoping there was an escape route. I thought I found the way out until I looked up and there was a Dead End sign. The only way to go was up this hill that may be the steepest hill I've ever walked up. Not knowing where it lead to, I walked up the hill. Surprise! It led to another dead end! So there we are on top of this mountain and I have nowhere to go because I feared that other dog would attack us. The only way out was to go wandering through random yards. I didn't want to do that considering every house has an ADT security sign in the yard. My only option was to go down the hill and hope that dog was gone. Luckily the owner was taking it inside so I didn't have to climb anymore mountains that lead to nowhere.

We almost got run over by some crazy person. Luckily, I thought fast and jumped off to the side and by side, I mean a really big ditch. Apparently leaves do not always indicate there is solid ground. That's right, I fell into a ditch! I didn't fall completely down, but it could have gotten ugly. Thank goodness I am so graceful (just kidding)! The person who almost hit me probably got a good laugh out of that one. As a matter of fact, I did too.

I realized today that I enjoy walking outside much more than the treadmill at the gym (except for the ditches). It's so refreshing! I also did a lot of thinking while I was out crusing around. I'll share just a few of the random things I learned today.

  • Peanut has the ability to get every dog in the neighborhood barking, inside or outside.
  • The cutest dog (yes, even cuter than Peanut) lives right down the street. I'm not sure what kind it was, but I have to get a picture next time.
  • Peanut will always find the biggest, muddiest hole to play in, even if there's a drought.
  • The very steep hill DOES NOT take you anywhere!
  • Peanut does not like little boys that think they are thugs.
  • I write way too much about Peanut on this blog. Sorry about that, but she's my bitch!
  • There is a very big ditch on the side of the road under a very big pile of leaves.


On another note, way to go Pepsi! They brought out a diet grape soda. I love grape soda, but I only drink diet. I have been wishing for this for as long as I can remember. It may not be something new to those of you who live in real cities, but you have to remember I live in Barboursville, WV. I was so excited when I saw it at Wal-mart today! On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 15. This stuff is fabulous and I highly recommend it even if you don't like diet soda. Move over Diest Dr. Pepper, Pepsi One Grape is here. I think I'll go get another one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

There is no diet grape soda in Lexington and I am pissed! So much for having Pepsi connections...

March 02, 2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I'll bring you some when I come visit. It may be next weekend!

March 03, 2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home