Jana Land

Monday, March 06, 2006

No, It's Not A Junkyard...


I know, you are probably thinking "What the hell is this picture?" or "Does this girl ever clean?" Well, it is a picture of my spare bedroom. I admit that I have used it as another closet since I moved in, but that has all changed as of this evening. Something hit me on my way home from work. My gym membership expired yesterday and I was debating on whether or not to renew it there, at another gym, or not at all. Then I decided no at all, at least for now. I have all kinds of exercise equipment and a room I could easily turn into a "workout room". So that's what I did. I was on a mission and surprisingly it didn't take that long to accomplish. I had it done in no time. The end results...




My ghetto version of a home gym. Complete with everything I want except for a treadmill. I guess I can rough it. Besides when it gets warm out I will be outside most of the time anyway.

The room is not spotless by any means, but it is a great improvement. I still need to go through the boxes and probably get rid of 90% of my stuff. Some of the boxes have not been unpacked since my freshman year of college. Everytime I clean, I realize that I have way too much. I think Rea is going to have a yard sale April 1st so I may get my stuff together by then. Whatever I don't sell is going to Goodwill. I really don't have an excuse becuase Goodwill is basically next door to work.

You may be wondering, "What's with the bathing suits?" Well summer is just around the corner and I need to get in shape. I figured they would be motivation for me to work out even harder. They all fit me now. My goal is for them to be too big by the time summer gets here. I have a pool just three doors down so I can see myself spending a lot of time poolside this summer (or at least on the weekends). I got the idea from Rea. She said she has her bathing suit hanging on her refrigerator. So staring tomorrow I need to get serious again. I am going to wake up early so I can work out before work. I always feel better when I do that and then I don't have to worry about it after work unless I want to.

On a completely different subject, Amber, you will never guess what I found. It's the video! Sure it's not as good as the work done by Phil, but we thought we were awesome back when we were in high school for this great work of art. I haven't watched it yet. I'll wait for you so we can laugh our asses off together!

That's all I have for now. It's my bedtime. Goodnight everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger B$ said...

Good luck with the home gym. I usually need a partner to stay motivated, so I don't know if it would work for me.

March 07, 2006 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the bathing suits on the walls!!! That is a great idea!
P.S. you are soo funny and cute, why are we just now getting to know you, Jana? :)
Megan D

March 07, 2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Amber Moles said...

Oh my god the video! I can't wait to see it again. We were such dorks!

March 07, 2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Amber, were..we still are! Megan, there's much more of me to come...Beware! I will be making a visit to Lexington sometime soon. I can't wait!

March 07, 2006 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jana- you are so slacking on your blog. Step your game up a little and write something so I have something to do for a while:)

March 10, 2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Sorry everyone. I have had perfect attendance at Hank's this week. Cara and I are trying to get one of those star charts. Maybe the prie will be a free shot or something. Look for an update Saturday/Sunday.

March 11, 2006 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home