Jana Land

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

What Am I Thinking???

I have decided to give up drinking for two weeks (it started Sunday). I just want to try it out and see how I feel. I think I will be amazed by the results. I have already passed up going out tonight for Beth Anne's going away party (she'll be back in 5 days)!!! That's my first step.

Here are the reasons why I am deciding to put myself through this:

1. I don't have any money!!! It seems like the more money I make, the less I have. I can't figure it out!
2. I am sick of waking up feeling like shit and taking days to recover. It used to only take a V8, some Excedrin and a couple of hours and I was ready to get back at it again.
3. I know I am young, but let's face it, I am not in college anymore.
4. I need to spend more time with Peanut.
5. I will have plenty of time to update my blog and stalk all my friends on MySpace.
6. My house is already cleaner and it's only the third night.
7. If I look hard enough, I can find something good on TV so why not stay home?
8. My liver hurts!
9. My gym membership is a complete waste on the weekends.
10.I don't think that I can do it.

As everyone reads this, I will hear your laughter from a distance. I have already been laughed at today by Cara. She doesn't think I am serious. Rea was somewhat supportive, but she doesn't think it will last two weeks. I actually have my own doubts on the two weeks so if I make it until the weekend without going out, I will be proud of myself. I am sure there will be many bets of when I will finally break down and drink a beer. I actually encourage bets because they motivate me. Remember Patrick, you didn't think I could be quiet for thirty minutes and look who had their tab paid for that night.

So go ahead and laugh. I am actually laughing at myself right now. I'll keep you all updated.

P.S. I have some good pictures from this past weekend, but the damn blogger won't let me upload them. Look for them at a later date.

21 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

No laughing here! Fact is, if you are in a place right now where you have to schedule two weeks of sobriety, you probably are doing the right thing. Good luck. Write about your success in two weeks, about how you feel. I'll be curious.

August 15, 2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, hell. Becky is a better drinker than you, and she is 40!

August 16, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger jedijawa said...

Your 30 minutes of not saying anything reminded me of the episode of "The Twilight Zone" where one rich guy bet another $500,000 he couldn't go for an entire year without talking. Does anybody remember that one and how it ended?

August 16, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Becky may be a better drinker than me, but at least I remember when I eat Taco Bell at the bar!

Jen, I don't know if I can handle my friends sober. Afterall, they are the reason I drink so much. Just kidding! :)

Jedi, the 30 minutes just about killed me so there is no way I could go a whole year! Not even a whole day!

August 16, 2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Update: I went to the Mexican restaurant for dinner and I didn't drink a Margarita!!! I'll put a gold star on my chart!

August 16, 2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger The Film Geek said...

Maybe some encouragement is needed rather than taunting. Sounds like this is something she really wants to try.

August 16, 2006 9:59 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Melissa, do I only have to make it two weeks or until the ski trip? If it is two weeks, it's a done deal. If it's until then, forget about it!

August 17, 2006 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go jana go! Lord I need to detox with you!
rea

August 18, 2006 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cara, she wouldn't even have a drink with me at the mexican rest.! geez, I think she might make it!

August 18, 2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Tonight is the big test...it will be the first time in Hank's since this great plan. So far, 0 drinks! Damn, I'm awesome!

August 18, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I just got home from Hank's and I did not drink a drop!!!!!! If I can accomplish that, there' snothing I can't do!

August 19, 2006 12:31 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

That's right, "snothing" I can't do! lol I swear I was just tired, not drunk. FYI: Sober Jana sucks at darts!

August 19, 2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Quit drinking? What are you insane? You are in training for Ski Trip VII! I don't want to hear such nonsense! Don't make me come down there!

August 20, 2006 1:43 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Phil, it's not permanent!!! It's only a temporary 2 week test, but if that's what it takes for you to come to Huntington, I will quit drinking until you get here. Don't threaten me with sobriety. It's my worst enemy!!! I've made it so far, but I can't wait until next weekend.

August 20, 2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Soon, my friend, soon. Believe me, I can't wait!!!

August 21, 2006 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...with you not drinking I guess you have nothing else to talk about! You haven't updated and it is way past time!

August 24, 2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Ha ha! I've actually been going out a lot more...lol. How ironic? Who wrote that? BTW, I'm still on the wagon, but I will diving off head first tomorrow night!!!

August 24, 2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Did you quit blogging too?

August 25, 2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Nope, I didn't quit blogging. I went out of town this weekend. I will update tonight!

August 28, 2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Nope, I didn't quit blogging. I went out of town this weekend. I will update tonight!

August 28, 2006 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it adipex ionamin phentermine Nexium news ghost-writing guardian tamiflu mature gallery 6 passenger kia Stainless steel 54cm fridge freezer Laptops in estcobb middle school Porsche martini http://www.play-keno-5.info Naked asses

April 25, 2007 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home