Jana Land

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It Was Only Shampoo!

So I woke up at 3:30 am this morning and could not go back to sleep. For some reason I woke up and just as I was getting ready to fall back asleep I heard a noise that sounded like someone opening and closing my cabinet in the bathroom. The cat and the dog were both in the bed with me so I had no explanation besides a robber. Of course I am the biggest chicken in the world so there was no way in hell I was going to get up and see what it was. The only hope I had was that they would get what they wanted and they would leave me alone. I also had hope because my bedroom door was locked and I had my steel bar in place. After about an hour of my heart beating out of my chest, I tried to fall asleep. That was not happening! I kept having dreams that my device on the door was not working and that someone was coming in. I also had several dreams of the whole neighborhood being robbed. I am seriously not right. I have some major issues when it comes to this shit. I wanted to get up at 5:00 and go to the gym, but that was way too early. I reset my alarm for 6:30, but I was still afraid to get out of bed. I finally got up a little after 7:00 because I had to be at work at 7:50. I turned on every light in my apartment and looked in every possible place for someone to be hiding. I was shaking uncontrollably when I found the intruder. It was a damn bottle of shampoo! I was right, it was in the bathroom, but I never thought a bottle of shampoo would cause me to lose 3 hours of sleep. I was relieved and pissed all at the same time.

On a lighter note, I went to my gramma's house this past weekend and had a great weekend. My mom, dad, aunt Karkar, uncle Mike and his girlfriend, my cousin Andrew, my uncle Jamie and I were all there. I had such a good time just being with my family. I wish it could have lasted longer, but at least we got to spend a couple of days together. It would have been my grandparents 50th anniversary so my mom and aunt thought it would be a good idea for all of us to get together.

I wanted to go for a walk Saturday morning, but nobody wanted to go with so I headed up the mountain by myself. She lives in the country so there were plenty of horses and cows that looked at me as if they were going to attack. Little did I know my worst enemy was right around the corner. On my way back down the mountain I was approached by two Great Danes! I had no idea what I was going to do. My first instinct was to turn around and head back in the other direction, which I soon realized would lead me nowhere. So I turned back around and saw a barbed wire fence that I could possibly try to jump over. It never occurred to me that the 7 foot tall dog could do the same thing. The only "logical" thought that came to my mind was to just start yelling, so I did. I was screaming at the top of my lungs, "Somebody help me!!!" over and over again. Of course, nobody in the three houses came to my rescue. I just kept walking and didn't look at the beasts. One went back in the yard, but the the other followed me for quite awhile. By this time I was ready to piss myself. He finally stopped following me and I couldn't get back to gram's soon enough. Everyone really enjoyed this a lot more than I did.


Mom and Dad

Our newest addition to the family, Willie (Mike and Kellie's new dog)

Gramma and Karkar

They have a Hank's in Powhatan Point, OH!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

It is very sad, but true!

August 10, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

OMG, the same thing happened to me, Cara! My Pantene didn't use floss, it tied tampon strings together! Very scary!

August 10, 2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. Thomas said...

What was the bottle doing? Opening and closing the closet? How was it doing that, I am dying to know!

August 11, 2006 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't you all heard the legend of the shampoo bottle that was murdered on prom night? Obviously, this must be related.

August 12, 2006 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home