Jana Land

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I Am So Glad To Be Home!

I am finally home from vacation and I have to say that I am very happy that it's over. I took a much needed vacation last week, but it turned into a horrible time. Actually it wasn't that bad, but I have had better times. I went to see my sister in North Myrtle Beach. My brother and his friends got a house that ended up being a couple of blocks from my sister and it wasn't even planned. Their house was so funny! It had an Asian theme complete with a fountain in the middle of the house (see pictures below).

We got there Saturday around noon and started drinking shortly after. We all went down to the pool and we were having a blast. Terra and I went to the store and got some stuff to cookout. Around 10:00 we left the pool and I already wanted to go to bed. My brother called and Mark and Pork Chop wanted to go to the beach so we packed up and went over to the Chinese house. I drank some Red Bull and for my secondwind. We went down to the beach and I thought it would be a good idea to jump in the ocean with my clothes on even though I had a bathing suit on underneath. I also thought that I was diving like a champion, but it was a little more like belly flops into the sand. Anyway, we had a great time! We went back to my brother's house and had arm wrestling contests. We started doing shots and things were getting crazy. People started dropping like flies so that was even more fun to mess with them. Leeann and I got the bright idea to hide from Dustin, Brandon and Erik. We hid in Mark and Pork Chop's closet to see how long it would take them to notice we were gone. Much to our surprise they didn't even care. They were outside talking and we heard someone come in. I said, "Shhhh...they're coming." That's the last thing I remember. We fell asleep in the closet on top of Mark and Pork Chop's stuff. I woke up to Leeann saying, "Get up, get up, get up, your brother and Erik are fighting!" At first I thought my brother probably started it so I was yelling at him. Then I saw his face and realized that Erik obviously started it. Erik had punched my brother in the eye and nose a couple of times and chipped his tooth. His eye and nose were bleeding out of control. At first my brother just came in the house to see what happened. Once he looked in the mirror, it set in and he was pissed! So he got a knife and tried to go after Erik. That's when I flipped out and couldn't breathe. Apparently Erik and Brandon were talking about life for a long time. Erik got mad at my brother and threw a chair. Then he went inside and threw a beer bottle as he was walking inside. My brother said the next thing he knew was Erik had knocked him on the ground and kept punching him. This is so out of character for Erik. He has been dating my sister for seven years and he is the most laid back guy you will ever meet. I don't know if I've ever heard him raise his voice and that takes a lot of patience when you're with my sister.

I still can't believe that this has happened. It ruined the entire week for everyone. Brandon's eye did not open for days. His nose was bleeding on and off forever. I have to say with the chipped tooth he was very pretty! It sucks so much that this happened. Erik told Terra that he knows he did it, but he doesn't know why. He's never been in a fight before and I can't understand why he would hit my brother of all people. We were all in shock for a couple of days. I had such a hard time having fun and this was my only vacation. After a couple of days I decided to say screw it and try to have a good time. I did have a good time with everyone, but this whole situation sucked. Dustin's girlfriend, Leeann, was really cool. I usually don't like girls, especially when they are younger than me, but she was awesome. Mark and Pork Chop (they're brothers) were also a lot of fun. I never really spent that much time with them before, but they were great. Of course, Dustin was a lot of fun too, but he's old school. Overall I had a good time, but I wish there was something I could do to take back that first night.

I probably would have had more fun if the guys would have let me and Terra know when they were doing the things I had been talking about all week. For example, I talked about putt putt for days and they went without me. They invited me to go ride go carts, but when they actually went they never called. We did go bowling together, but I'm sure we were only invited because we were over at their house when they wanted to go.




When Mexicans make pyramids, I have to take a picture!


This is the outside view of the "Chinese house". It took Mark two hours and he finally said, "I think this house has a Chinese theme!"


Mark and Pork Chop found this American flag on the road and hung it up. It was really funny at the time.


This was the middle of the house. The bedrooms were on each side on this. That rope saved many people from falling in the fountain.


Mark injured his knees and elbows in the arm wrestling contest!


Erik and Brandon before the incident. I wish they could have fought this way instead.


Terra and I also got in on the action as well. I kicked her ass when we did it Indian style, but not so much the other way.


Pork Chop was so burnt he had to go on the beach in full armour.


Terra had to pee, but she won't get in the ocean. Leeann agreed to go out and sit with her while she peed. What a true friend. I didn't go because I had to get a picture of her while she was peeing.


Leeann, Terra and Me


The fabulous Jello shots made an appearance at the beach. I Love Jello!


Pirate Banker goes Chinese


Dusty bonging beer


Leeann bonging beer


Pork Chop bonging beer


Mark bonging beer...OK, I know that there are a lot of beer bonging pictures, but it was the last night and I realized I hadn't taken very many. Notice, I did not bong the beer! I was probably too busy doing Jello shots.


Leeann and Me


Leeann and Dusty...aren't they cute? I mean ghetto!


Leeann and Brandon...this was four days after the punch. Isn't he pretty?


Pork Chop, Me, Mark and Terra after bowling


We were going to get our pictures done on the beach for Christmas presents. Needless to say it didn't happen because of the incident so this is as close as we are going to get.

So there you have it, that was my vacation. Considering what happened, I did have a good time, but I am still mad. I am glad to be home and maybe next time won't be so bad.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

Wow...See what happens when you hang out with a guy named "Pork Chop?"

Glad you made it home safely.

July 09, 2006 7:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

How can I get a "cool" name like Porkchop?

July 10, 2006 2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give me a definition of old school. I dont understand its usage in this sentence:
"Of course, Dustin was a lot of fun too, but he's old school."

July 11, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Old school: I've been hanging out with him for years...who are you?

July 11, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Bigfoot, I just read your comment on The Film Geek's blog and you also used the term "old school", but you were referring to Chinese people...please give me a definition.

July 11, 2006 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well, my old school reference referred to the fact that they were very traditional in their world views. In other words, racist. I didn’t work for them for very long...

July 12, 2006 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home