Jana Land

Friday, June 02, 2006

Watch Out, Here We Come!


That's right folks, we finally joined the gym! We are ready to take on the world! OK, maybe not, but maybe just Barboursville. Those skinny bitches will have nothing on us soon. We joined Absolute Fitness on Wednesday. So far, I have made it every day. Cara made it yesterday, but she has a pre-commitment to the Miami Heat games so I guess we'll excuse her this time. I even got up at 5:00 this morning and worked out before I went to work. I felt good until lunch, but by then I needed a nap! I don't plan on Cara ever making it that early. She can't even make it to work until lunchtime. We have decided that we need to work on everything. We were walking through looking at all the weight machines. They have each area highlighted as to which body part it helps. We soon realized that we said, "Oh, I need this one too" to every machine. I was doing so good at the beginning of the year, but then I got lazy again. This time, I am serious and nobody is stopping me. I am so glad that Cara has joined because it gives me motivation to go. I hated working out by myself. Another big source of my motivation is Terra. I thought that we were cursed by our genes, but she has done so well, so I know I can do it. I'm sure I will have many entertaining stories to tell about "The Adventures of Jana and Cara at the Gym." That's all I have for now, but I will keep everyone posted on our progress.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Film Geek said...

I once saw Cara do six reps of 245 pounds on the bench press. That was back in the day, though, so I'm doubtful she can bench more than 200-225 these days.

June 02, 2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

What is funny is I told Cara to look at the machines and they will have pictures on how to do them and what muscles they will work. She forgot about that tidbit of info once she got to the gym.

June 02, 2006 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home