Jana Land

Monday, May 01, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Hooray, I'm alive!

Well, I made it through surgery and I made it home around 4:00 today. The drive here was horrible! I quit taking pain pills last night, but I am still very drowsy. It was the longest hour I've ever been in a car (except for the time I puked on myself)! Anyway, the surgery went very well. I am actually surprised how well it went. Of course I was very nervous beforehand, but I have been doing great. I haven't had much pain, but I am taking my pills faithfully every four hours (except for today). The bleeding was minimal, which is always a plus. I didn't have much swelling and absolutely no bruises. As soon as I came out of surgery they called my mom back to the recovery room where she found me crying. Apparently I was balling, but I don't remember that. It also caused my mom to cry too. She asked me if I was in pain and I said no. She asked if I was scared and I said no. She asked if I knew why I was crying and I said no. I guess that anethesia does that to some people and I am one of them. After a few minutes, I sat up and wanted to go home. My mouth felt like it was the size of a football and I couldn't feel shit, but I thought I was ready to leave. The nurses came in and told me that I had to wait at least thirty minutes. At the time I thought that meant eternity, but I was on my way very soon. I thought I would spend the rest of my day sleeping, but I was wrong. I took one nap as soon as I got home and it only lasted about twenty minutes. Besides that, I was up the entire day. If I was at my own apartment I would have slept all day, but there was too much going on for me to sleep. My mom has taken over my bedroom so all I have left is a bed surrounded by all of her craft shit. My grandma came in town so she got the priveledge of that room. I was fine on the couch, but I didn't want to sleep there with the blinds open. I have a little bit of a nervous condition and my family thinks it's funny. I asked them to close the blinds in the living room if they were going to leave me on the couch all night. They closed them, but I didn't realize that someone could easily see in the front door. So I woke up in the middle of the night I freaked out because they put my dog in her cage and left me with the disabled dogs to protect me. I was fine by the next day, but I wasn't happy when I woke up to that.
Most of my weekend was devoted to watching Desperate Housewives. I've never watched that show before so Sarah let me borrow her copy of Season One. Me and my grandma were glued to the TV for 23 whole episodes! It took us two days or I should say we wasted two whole days on that, it was well worth every minute. My dad was not too happy with it because he never gives his TV up in the living room. He knew he wouldn't win the battle with me so he quietly slipped into his bedroom to watch whatever it is that he watches. Everyone was amazed because that is something that my dad does not do! That was the most exciting part of the past four days. I have to go back to work tomorrow, but I really don't want to.

8 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

I'm glad you survived your traumatic experience, Jana. I'm so glad that I know what you're talking about when you mention the time you puked on yourself while driving. I would love to have a Liquid Cocaine from the Moose right now, wouldn't you?

May 01, 2006 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jana. As someone with very numb cheeks and teeth right now, I somewhat understand the pain you have endured (but not to that degree). I hope all continues to be well.

May 01, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

anethesia makes me puke. Try laying on the operating table while they are pulling a baby out of your stomach while you are puking! Nice thought, huh? Anyway, glad you are home and feeling well!

May 01, 2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Amber, I would love to have a Liquid Cocaine from the Moose right now! Just not one from that one bar in Lexington. They obviously don't know how to make them! Do you remember that? Maybe we need a good night out at the Moose sometime soon! Kelly, anethesia is my best friend!

May 01, 2006 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your survival, Jana! AT least you weren't entertaining the whole staff with your singing/screaming post-op like I was.
Just think, now your tongue has little craters in the back to play with for the rest of your life!!! Ha
Megan D

May 02, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Jen, that's so funny. That's what the lady said as I was walking out drooling all over myself : )

May 03, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

yea, yea, yea, we know you are alive but when ya gonna post something new? : )

May 05, 2006 4:02 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Sorry, sorry, sorry...look for an update tomorrow!

May 07, 2006 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home