Jana Land

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Damn, That Man Is Fine!




If you think Matthew McConaughey is hot on screen, you haven't seen him in person. He is so much hotter in person! As most of you know, they are starting production on the "We Are Marshall" movie tomorrow. The move is about the plane crash that happened back in 1970 that killed all 75 passengers, which included most of the football team, fans, family members and the flight crew. I don't know the details, but I am very interested to see the movie. In my opinion, anything with Matthew McConaughey will be a great movie. Rea and I met a few friends down at the block party around 3:00 yesterday. They had a couple of blocks closed down for this There was supposed to be a parade, but I'm not sure what happened to that. Maybe I just missed it. The crowd seemed small at first, but then it was miserable. We were packed in like sardines by the end of it. The worst part was that I had to pee for almost 2 hours and there was no way I could get to the restroom. I have never seen so many rude people packed into one place. There were also some people that came out of the woodwork for this party. Some of the people were an embarrassment to Huntington. We had a great spot to start out, but then it turned into the worst spot possible. We were off to the side of the stage and after we got pass that damn 93.7 Dawg blow up, we had a great view. I was a little disappointed with my camera because the zoom didn't work as well as I had hoped. Kelly had Cara use her camera and the pictures are great. That's what pictures I have posted. The one far away was from my camera. I just wanted to post it to prove to the out-of-towners that he really was in Huntington. Most of my pictures had some stupud bitched arm in them. She had a disposable camera and I guess she thought that the pictures would turn out better if she threw her hand in the air and blocked my view everytime. Nonethelss, I had a good time. I was very happy to get back to Hank's where some sort of sanity was present. Of course, the sanity didn't last very long. It was such a long day, but I am glad that I went.
I had to work at the airport today at 7:00 a.m., which was really 6:00 due to the time change. I am glad that it will be lighter longer, but this messes with me for at least a couple of weeks. I had such a hangover today that I thought I was going to die. I tried to call off last night when I was drunk. I called the AM and made up some kind of lie about being sick. I told him that I could at least make it there to start out the day, but I didn't know if I could stay. I guess I really fooled him because when I talked to him today he was concerned about how I was feeling. I played it off as an April Fool's joke because I was extremely drunk last night and I deserved to feel like crap today. I made it through the day, but that was with many obstacles. First, I get to work and the computers are down. I called the help desk and they said there was a corporate outage and it would be at least an hour. We had 1 car and 11 reservations. When the computers finally came up, the printer wasn't working. I also broke the keyboard. My first contract did not print. I'm pretty sure I will go into work tomorrow and the ticket will be printed there because it was in our callbacks and not the airport's. Needless to say, I was the only one working and I have only worked at this branch for a couple of hours prior to today. I didn't even get a car prep! Today was also the day that everyone wanted a car, but there was no way I could help them out. The poor guy that came in at 3:00 to replace me had to deal with all the people I couldn't take care of, including a guy that had a reservation for 9:00 a.m. I wonder how he's doing right now.
One good thing about today was that I met a couple of the guys from the film crew for the movie. They invited me out tonight for some drinks. I wasn't in the best of shape when they asked me so I didn't seem so interested. I told them I doubted I would be there, but I told them about Hank's and let them know that was the best place to go in Huntington. They said, "We'll see you there!" Not sure if they meant tonight or over the next couple of weeks, but nobody was seeing me anywhere tonight. Hopefully I will run into them sometime before they leave because they seemed like pretty cool guys to hang out with. That's all I have for now. I will leave you all with some very beautiful images. Hopefully that's what I dream about tonight!






Status on my Matthew McConaughey encounters: I have been about 25 ft from him, but still have not made actual contact. I will keep everyone up to date.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

Kelly, thanks again for the pictures.

April 02, 2006 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anytime! I just wish I could have seen him. Those stupid people really freaked Reagan out!

April 03, 2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble but you are aware that he is dating Penelope Cruz- one of the hottest bitches in the celebrity world, right?

April 03, 2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

She's got nothing on me!

April 03, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Amber Moles said...

Jana's next blog entry: Well, I was arrested for stalking Matthew.......

April 03, 2006 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Amber! But man he is HOTTTT!!!! Stalk away.
rea

April 04, 2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Rea, you know you'll be right there with me in jail!

April 04, 2006 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW!!!!!!
rea

April 04, 2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Because it sucks!!! Just kidding, but you need to update more often! Oh yeah, and talk aboout what's going on with you. It's way more interesting than American Idol!

April 04, 2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Sorry to distract from all the drooling over Waterson from "Dazed and Confused" but is that Noah Wyle next to him?

April 04, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

No, but it looks like him! He was joined by fellow cast member David Strathairn, director McG and Basil Iwank, producer of Warner Brothers.

April 04, 2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home