Jana Land

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Road Trip!



Peanut and I packed up and went to visit to our best friends’ house on Saturday. It was a spur of the moment trip, but I’m glad that we went. It was Jon’s birthday (Amber’s boyfriend) so I figured it was the perfect time to make an appearance in Lexington. I surprised Amber because I like to do that to my friends when I visit. I called her around 6:00 to see if she was mad because I wasn’t coming. She said no and then I started laughing. I said, “Well good, because I’m in Lexington!” She called me a jerk, but then got really excited. She woke up Jon up yelling, “Jana’s coming! Jana’s coming!” I’m not sure, but I could almost guarantee that is not what someone wants to hear when they first wake up! We started the evening out with cosmic bowling, which I really enjoyed. We bowled for an hour, drank some beer and headed off to a different bar. I think the name of it was Squires Tavern, but don’t hold me to that. It turns out this bar was close to Amber and Jon’s house so that was a major plus. We sang karaoke and I don’t know if that was such a great idea. Everyone did great, but Amber and I should have sat out. Amber never sings so I was excited when she said, “If that song’s in there, I will sing it!” Much to our surprise it was and the song was “The Happiest Girl in the USA”! Needless to say we made asses of ourselves. Neither one of us had a clue, and still don’t, on how that song goes. I guess that’s what we get for making fun of Phil and his “interesting” choice of music. Oh well, we survived without getting stuff thrown at us so it couldn’t have been that bad (or maybe everyone was just that drunk)! There was a couple at the bar that grossed us out all evening. Of course we took pictures of them and we got caught (see Amber’s blog- www.ambermoles.blogspot.com ).

That bitch was scary!

One of my favorite parts of the evening was the scary doll in the claw machine. That bitch was staring at me as I walked by to go to the restroom. Of course, I made a big deal of it and had to take some pictures. Jon ended up capturing her along with a little happy birthday guy. That doll provided more entertainment than she should have, but we were drunk. The Timmy incident was very funny as well (see Amber’s blog again). Wow, I love the fact that I can just say, “See Amber’s blog” and not have to write about it. It makes my life much easier. We got very camera happy, but that’s not much different than any other night of my life.

Dig 'em up, dig 'em up mother f***er!


That night I got everyone excited to go eat Golden Corral in the morning. I am a bog fan of breakfast food lately, especially when I’ve been drinking. I woke up at 7:30 ready to go, but decided we should wait awhile. A little bit later I woke up to Jon asking for the living room, “What time does Golden Corral stop serving breakfast?” I looked at my phone and said, “In like one minute”. I was so upset considering I hadn’t had anything to eat in about 24 hours. We decided to try something new and went to Perkin’s. Either it was the most awesome breakfast I have ever had or I was just that hungry/hung over. I left Lexington around 2:00 and headed back to West V. Peanut was worn out all day, but I could tell she had a good time. As a matter of fact, I had a great time too and I need to make it to Lexington more often. F.Y.I. Lexington friends, I have made my trip there, now it is your turn to come to me! Tag you’re it!

This will teach Phil not to leave his wallet laying around.

Amber, when are you going to trade Dixie for Peanut?

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

This is a funny entry, but it worries me that you are taking pictures of Peanut as you are driving.

March 24, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Is Peanut in a carseat? It kinda looks like it.

March 24, 2006 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanut in the front seat, you taking of picture ofPeanut while driving, gee were you drinking a beer, too?
rea

March 24, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

You're so silly Phil, she has already reached the age and weight limit for a carseat. She is about 10 in dog years. That's way too old! Rea, I put the beer down to take a picture.

March 24, 2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home