Jana Land

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

This One's For Mike!

So Mike and I went to Hurricane the other day. We dropped off a car. It was a nice day. We came back and Mike held the door for me. He went to the Movie Gallery and I embarrassed him on the Walkie Talkies. He had a green headband on for hours.






OK, just kidding. This entry was inspired by Mike though. Mike is the car prep at my work. The other day we went to Hurricane and we were talking about blogs (because I am a blog crackwhore). He was asking me about the types of entries I have and what the big deal is with the blogs. I told him that I got addicted to them thanks to Phil, but they are so much fun. He proceeded to ask me about the content of my entries and if they went like the first part of this entry. I told him that I do have some random entries and most of the time I don't remember what I'm talking about, but I hope that they sound better than that. So the rest of the day we were joking about everything he did and I said it as if I was typing on my blog.
The Movie Gallery story actually happened the next day, but it was entertaining. Mike went over to the movie store and said if I needed anything to call him on the Walkie Talkie. We've had those things ever since I started working there, but we never use them and I decided to have a little fun with them. At first, I didn't mean to embarrass him, but apparently I did. I was trying to figure those stupid things out, but I was having difficulties. Mike worries a lot about what people think so it's even more entertaining than if I did this to someone else. This is how it went:
Random beeping and ringing...
Mike: Yes, do you need something.
Me: No, I am just messing with you.
Mike: Oh well, you are embarrassing me.
Cooper and I played some music in it for awhile, but I can't remember what song it was. At this point Mike said he was holding it close to his stomach so nobody could hear.
Cooper: Hey Mike, don't forget the condoms for tonight. You know that I like protection.
At this point I think people were looking at him and his face was probably red as fire.
I not sure what else was said, but he came in embarrassed by our stupid joke. May not seem as funny to everyone else, but I got a kick out of it!


The green head band was also funny (see picture above). Mike will randomly wear some of the things he finds in cars. Usually he remembers to take them off. Not this time! He came back in the office after making a trip to Huntington and Dustin noticed it on his head. When Dustin asked him about it, he had a look on his face that was priceless. He said something along the lines of "Oh crap!" He completely forgot that he had it on. It was something that an elementary school girl would wear and it was bright green. He wore it downtown and I think they went to two separate branches. Again, maybe not so funny for someone else, but Mike made it funny.
While we are on the subject of Mike, he let me in on a little secret a couple of weeks ago. He looked at me and said, "when you first started working here, I hated you!" I knew he was a little unsure of me, but hate is a very strong word. I asked him to explain and he said that I freaked him out. I tend to cuss more than the average female and it made him uncomfortable. He doesn't cuss at all. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have heard him say one cuss word ever! He's not sure if I've gotten better or if he just got used to me, but he likes me now. I've learned from a few people lately that they don't like me at first. They end up liking me in the end, but I guess I leave a bad first impression. I think that's something I may need to work on. No, just kidding. If you don't like, that's your problem!
Mike, you have finally made it to my blog. Sorry if I embarrassed you, but I really shouldn't write what I am actually thinking right now (bad experience with, yes, another boy). I will say one thing about it. I hate boys at this moment and I have the worst luck in the world. That is why I always tell me lesbian friends that they are the smartest people I know. Have a good evening!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. Cara hated me when we first met, not sure why, just did.

March 30, 2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

That's so funny because Cara and I were just talking about how people don't like us at first. We just can't figure out why! : )

March 30, 2006 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scottie said he loved both of you all when he first met you.
At least you got him on your side!
rea

April 04, 2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home