Jana Land

Sunday, April 09, 2006

One Crazy Week!

My sister, Terra finally made it in town yesterday. She was a few hours late, but I wouldn't expect anything else from her. She moved to South Carolina last August. I didn't think she would last, but she seems to love it down there. As a matter of fact, Erik is getting ready to move down there and Amy(his sister) may go as well. I've been thinking about it, but I am in my lease until at least September. We'll see what happens when the time comes. I also have an issue with my job. If I transfer outside of my group I will have to take a step back, but the way things have been going lately, South Carolina looks better everyday. My sister was quite the party animal when she was younger, but by my sophomore year in college, she calmed down considerably. Usually when she comes home all she wants to do is sleep on mom and dad's couch (which is what she is doing right now)! She never wanted to go out, but something has gotten into her lately. Apparently she is quite the happy hour drinker down in SC. I just wish that I could be there at the bar next to her. Erik, Terra, Amy and I decided to go out last night in Charleston, but we didn't go out until midnight. Any night in Huntington I am usually already out a few hours by this time. I really didn't want to go out, but I made an exception. That's right, I DIDN'T WANT TO GO OUT! It wasn't a typo. I have had a very exhausting week and here's the breakdown:

Sunday I had to work at the airport and that's usually my day to rest and get ready for the upcoming week. We only work one Saturday a month and of course this Saturday was my turn. I ended up working 7 days in a row for a total of 55.5 hours. It may have been a little less draining if I could just go home after work and chill out, but that's a concept I have a hard time grasping.

Monday night I had to go out because Jess and Hunter had their going away party. I set a curfew for myself, but I broke it. I probably would have stuck to it, but they didn't get there until late. Also, I saw a lot of people that I haven't seen forever.

Tuesday I met Jess and Hunter at Chili's for a couple of drinks for a final goodbye.

Wednesday was mandatory drinking for work. I never like to pass up free drinks and food, but I really wanted to this time. Anyway, the "after hours" turned into a drunk fest and ended up at Stats. I agreed to go for one beer, but that was it. We drank one beer and left. Well, I thought we were leaving. Much to my surprise a group of guys from other offices, my area manager and my corporate account manager showed up and dragged my out of Rea's Jeep. I ended up staying for a little bit of karaoke and dancing.

Thursday was my flex day, but I had to go to the doctor before I went to work. By this point, I wanted to choke everyone, well almost everyone, in the office. I get very grumpy when I'm tired and this week I have been deprived of my sleep. Thursday evening I managed to stay home after work, but it was spent doing laundry and stalking people on My Space.

Needless to say, by Friday I was ready to kill everyone. I had a little bit of a breakdown at the office because I was so tired. Friday night I went to dinner with my friend Kat who was in from Maine. After dinner we went out for a few drinks that ended up leading to 2:00 a.m. Hillary and Amanda met us out, which was a nice surprise. I used to work with both of them at Applebee's. I left Hillary a message back in October and told her she was out of my life forever if she didn't call me back. Of course, she didn't call me back. I reminded her of that when I saw her and she said she must have been drunk when she got the message because she doesn't remember getting it. Oh well, I told her she could have one more chance and that was it. Seriously!



Rea, Me and Kat


Amanda, Hillary and Me

Saturday I had to work, but it was only for four hours. Usually it's not so bad because I can go home and take a nap. Not this Saturday. I had to go to my friend, Sabrina's wedding shower as soon I got off work. I am so glad that Terra is always late because I went home and took a nap until 7:00. Then I got up and drove to my parent's house, which is where I am right now. We went out in Charleston. We got to ride in Erik's sweet ass ride, the good old Sebring! It used to be my car, but I thought she died. That is going to be a whole blog entry someday when I run out of things to talk about (if that ever happens). We had a good time, but we should have gone out earlier. Some guy came up to Amy and asked her what her name was. When she said, "Amy" he said "Bullshit!" Again, this is another one of those Jana Land stories that you won't think is funny unless you were there.



Me, Amy and Terra

Erik and Terra

Sunday has been pretty relaxing, but I haven't had much sleep. I didn't go to bed until about 4:00 a.m. and Peanut woke me up at 7:00. I took a nap for a little while, but not too long so I can sleep tonight. Not much going on today except for hanging out with the family.

That's the breakdown on my week. Hopefully this week will go a little smoother, but I seriously doubt it. My friend, Ashley is coming in town from Pittsburgh tomorrow night. I can't wait to see her! She'll be here all week so I'm sure I'll be out every night against my will. Damn, why do I have so many friends? My life would be so much easier without them. Just kidding! I wouldn't trade my friends for the world. Without them I would probably be crazy and really bored. Without them my whole blog would consist of Peanut and Bella with nobody to read it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

Crazy must have been in the air last week. I also had one hell of a week, but things are looking up. I'm jealous of the nights out in Charleston. Are those pics from Sam's? I'm hittin the big E-view this weekend for Easter, are you gonna be there?

April 10, 2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Yeah, we went to Sam's. I know I'll be home on Sunday. Terra was talking about coming to Huntington on Saturday so I may be here. Are you going out Saturday night? If Terra doesn't come here, I'll be there! Call me later.

April 10, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger B$ said...

That was a pretty hectic week. Kick back and relax in a nice, hot bath surrounded by candles and a glass of your favorite beer/wine. As soon as all that's done call me and I'll be there! See you soon.

April 12, 2006 4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home