Jana Land

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Two Very Special Friends

I said goodbye this evening to two of my friends. These two are not just friends, but they are very special people. That's right..none other than Jessica and Justin. Those of you who know them, know how great they are. I met them almost four years ago when I started working at Applebee's. We didn't really hang out much, as I was a little unsure of the "Applecrew". The first time I remember us hanging out on purpose was for my 21st birthday. I invited a few people from Applebee's to come out that evening because it was the biggest day of my life (at least it was then). We met up at Applebee's before the outing and Jess showed up with big news. Her and Justin were getting married! I have never known these two without each other, but I am sure that I would have been friends with them either way. They got married last June and their wedding was a blast. Ever since, they have been "talking" about moving, but I never took them seriously. It was kind of like me and moving. The first thing I wanted to do after I graduated college was move to another state, but two years later, I am still here. Jess surprised us with the news about two weeks ago. Honestly, I think she surprised herself and Hunter with the news. They got pissed at work one day, which if you have ever worked at a restaurant you understand, and they put in their two weeks notice. They decided, "This is it. We're moving to Ashville!" I have to admit that I am not happy about this. I am happy for them and I know it is the best thing for them right now, but I can't believe that are leaving me. I am so jealous and very sad about this decision. They are those friends that you know will always be there for you when you need them. They are always up for drinking some beer, going to different events, watching sports or just whatever. These two are two of my favorite people in the world. I am so grateful that I met them. We have shared many memories together. Some of my favorites include just sitting around playing games, watching the olympics, drinking all of Hunter's vodka and one other unmentionable moment. All I have to say to Jess is "I sound like a man!" Jess and Hunter will get this, but nobody else should. Let's just say it involved a little bit of illegal activity. Anyway, I can't express how great these two are. I still can't get it through my head that they will be gone. It doesn't seem like it yet, as everything usually hits me a long time down the road. Also, they will be back in town soon many times. Funny story: Today they were loading up the truck. They went outside and founf some 14 year old kid sitting on their couch, in the U-Haul truck, smoking a cigarette. The kid looked at them and said, "These couches are very comfortable." While this boy is sitting inside their trcuk on their couch some girl eas throwing rocks at him. Of course, Jess and Hunter were amazed by this.









I want to wish them the best of luck and let them know that I love them very much! I have so many great memories with both of you and I am so grateful that you have been in my life. I also want to say that I will miss Achilles (their dog), Meg and Stewey (their cats).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jana said...

I forgot to update the MM encounters. Still the same as before and with a little less hope!

April 04, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger B$ said...

Would you like a hug? I'm not a doctor, but ...

April 05, 2006 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home