Jana Land

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Star Studded Weekend









This weekend was filled with stars in Huntington, WV! The best part was that I got to hang out with all of them. Well, all two of them. "Earl" from my name is Earl was at Hank's Saturday night. OK, it really wasn't him, but this guy looks just like him!





Rick Huckaby was the real star that I got to hang out with. He performed on Friday night at Saddleridge. I didn't make it there on time because Sarah, Coop and I had a couple of drinks at Tascali's after work. We thought we would celebrate Cinco de Mayo at an Italian restaurant! By the time I made it downtown they were all at Holderby's Landing. Rea and Krissy had been drinking since 5:00 so they should not have been in public by the time I met them! When Rea said that they were hanging out with Rick Huckaby I thought she only meant he was in the same bar. It turns out that my friend, Scott knows him so we were his "groupies" for the evening. We weren't at Holderby's very long before Scottie wanted to go to The Lounge. I had never been to The Lounge before, but I really liked it. It was almost like a bigger Hank's, which is a dream come true. Anyway, all of our drinks were paid for the entire evening because we were with Rick. He is a very cool, laid back guy. I'm really upset that I didn't make it to see him perform. Oh well, maybe next time. I had a dream the night before that he had a contest and the winner got to be his manager. Of course the winner was...ME! I told him about that dream, but he didn't seem as amused as I was with it. It's very odd that I had that dream because I wasn't even sure what he looked like until I saw him on Friday night. For some reason I was thinking about someone completely different.




Me and Huck


Me, Krissy and Scottie

Huck, Me and Krissy

Krissy, Me and Rea

Apparently I didn't want anyone else to be in this picture. If you see everyone else's face, it's very understandable. This may be one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen! That's Rick's brother, Andy, in the back. We played darts together and kicked ass! Hey Lexington buddies, I spy my little eye on a UK hat.

Chris and his friends decided that they were going to grow mustaches just for Conco de Mayo. They called it Cinco de Mustche. Thank goodness that's over, they all looked pretty ridiculous!

Ferg decided to return from the dead this week.

It's a good thing that I had a good weekend because it was long week at work. My boss, along with every manager in the United States, went to Florida for a "conference." Basically it's 4,000 Enterprise idiots all together in one location, drunk! I can't wait to be a manager! My assistant manager, who I frequently butted heads with, quit on Saturday. He sure did have good timing on that one. Another guy was on vacation. This left Sarah and I all alone in the office with me in charge. At first I was a little worried, but it ended up being the best week ever. We were very busy, but the stress level was minimal. It sucked because I didn't get to leave for lunch at all, but the days actually went by a lot faster than I had imagined. Overall, it was a good, but busy week. I am glad that it is over and hopefully things will get back to "normal" this week, whatever that may be.


I have almost completely recovered form my surgery except for the cut in the front of my mouth. It feels ok today, but it has been a bitch all week. I am very excited because Desperate Housewives comes on tonight. I haven't accomplished anything today and I don't plan on it. It's cold and rainy outside so I don't feel guilty about being a bum today. OK, Kelly there's your update, now it's your turn. Oh yeah, I am glad to see that you finally included your son in an entry. I thought maybe you left him somewhere and forgot that you had a son. Just kidding! Hey, can we combine entries and have him wearing Cara's old dance costume? I think that would be interesting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

LOL. Actually I would include him into my blog more often if he didn't make the dumbest faces when I took his picture. I'll show you what I mean on my next entry!

May 08, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

OK, I'll be waiting...

May 08, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

wait no longer...it's ready!

May 09, 2006 3:13 PM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Jana, how drunk were you? That dude looks more like Bruce Lee than Jason Lee.

May 09, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Phil, maybe a little bit, but everyone else called him Earl as well!
Kelly, I am going there now!

May 09, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

He was at The Lounge when you were there. Yes, he is a country singer. Be more observant, that was over a week ago!

May 15, 2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home