Jana Land

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Warning: Very Random Information Ahead!

OK, this is by far going to be my most random entry yet. I'm bored and when I'm bored, my mind wanders. I am bored because I chose to stay in this weekend. Of course I went out on Friday, but maybe I should have stayed home. My boss and his girlfriend, Lori were out. Yeah, they're fun to hang out with, but I should not be allowed to talk to my boss about work when I've been drinking. I probably decreased my chances of getting the Assistant Manager position by about half. I don't know what all was said, but Cara said I looked at her at one point and said, "I don't think I am gong to get the position." I do remember telling him if I don't get it I am going to be pissed. That probably wasn't the best thing to say to the guy who makes the decision. I also brought a few things that have been bothering me at the office lately. Damn, I should not be allowed to talk when I've been drinking! We decided to quit talking about work. We played some darts and then headed over to Sharkey's to sing. We sang two songs and I'm sure it was horrible. I have been sick so I sound like a man.

Rea, Lori and me at Sharkey's

Oh yeah, thanks Terra for getting all of us sick. Everytime time you come in town I get sick. You damn kindergarten teaching carrier!
Last night was wild and crazy...I went to the grocery store! I have used this time to catch up on a few things around my apartment and most importantly, some sleep. I did the usual catching up like laundry, dishes and cleaning, but I also took on a new chore. I cleaned my patio! It wasn't bad, but my landlord stopped me the other day and asked me to clean it up. At first I asked him if he was serious because it was fine. He said that I needed to sweep up the leaves. My bad, I didn't know we weren't allowed to have leaves on our OUTDOOR patios. It's not like they were big piles that I could jump in. There was maybe half of a garbage bag full. Anyway, I'm glad that he brought this to my attention because I think that I will spend more time out there. I swept the leaves, cleaned the chairs and got rid of a plant that had died about five years ago. Yes, I have kept that plant for almost six years now. It was one from my grandfather's funeral and I couldn't put myself up to throwing it away. I kept the pot so I wasn't too sad about it. Cleaning the patio brought on a new project. I wanted to get some candles, lights and some more fun stuff for my patio. I love to just sit outside and drink some beer in the summertime. I figure if I put some effort into this then I will use it. So I headed to Dollar General to see what I could find. Of course, I didn't find crap so I went to Big Lots. I found a lot of fun stuff there like the torches in the picture below. I love them!

I thought that would be the end of my extravaganza and I could get back home. Nope, Rea called. Her and Krissy were on the way to Grandview Outlet so I met them there. I found some random shit there, but nothing for the patio. OK, so the shopping is done. Nope, Rea wanted to go find a couch. So we went to Value City Furniture. Krissy and I both said we wouldn't be able to find anything there because we were on a bargain shopping mission. Well, we were wrong. We walked in the "Scratch and Dent" room and found another bargain! We were both immediately drawn to the same table. Good news is that they only had two left so I didn't have to kick her ass for it. It was a $200 table that had been marked down to $18. Sure it doesn't have a top, but even better. I got a bargain and a new project!!! I love having projects as long as I finish them. So that was finally the end of the bargain shopping. Meanwhile, I still hadn't taken a shower yet because I was only running to Dollar General.
Oh yeah, I was also on a mission to get some new blinds. My mean watchdog has ruined them because everytime she hears a noise, she jumps up and breaks another piece off. I found some cool blinds, but I can't install the damn things. One set, for my bedroom, looked like they could fit right in the old slot. Well, they did, but the length is about 1/2 cm off and it just doesn't fit. The package says Universal. Shouldn't that mean universal as in, "fit in the old slots"? The other set is my favorite, but I need a drill. OK, I do have 2-3 toolboxes here, but I do not own a drill. I guess I'll have to call dad to the rescue on this one. Hell, I can't even find a hammer and I know I have about five laying around. I guess I'll have to wait on the blinds, but I want it done now and I want to do it myself. To sum up the day, I spent about $100 on stuff I don't need/can't install. The stuff I could do myself had to wait because it started raining and it was all for the patio. After I get the table complete, which I have no idea what I am going to do with that, I want to get a firebowl. I think they are neat! About the table, if anyone has any ideas or tools, let me know. I'm not that good with construction, but I did build a gate once for my old deck.
Rea finally bought a house. She closed on it last week. I finally saw the inside and it is cute. She is going to have a birthday party next Saturday at her new house! The best part is that she is only 6 minutes from Hank's! Good purchase, Rea! This is Rea in her new living room. The Chik-Fil-A cup is a great decoration.





OK, if that first portion wasn't random enough for you, just wait! Here it goes:

-Last night at Kroger, I found treats for Peanut that are shaped like Peanuts. How cute is that? I laughed a little bit to myself when I saw them. They even taste like peanut butter!



-My little brother turned 22 today. Happy Birthday, Brandon! I would have posted a separate entry for you, but I have a few reasons why:

1. You called Terra on my birthday to see if it was my birthday. Once you found out it was, you still didn't call me!
2. I tried to call you already, but you did not answer.
3. I don't have that many pictures of you.
4. You are probably already drunk so you won't care.

-I found the switch for my garbage disposal for the first time about two weeks ago. Yes, I have lived here since September!

-I am going to stop planning on watching TV. Thursday was a 2 hour marathon of The Office. I was very excited and the damn satellite went out. Also, about 3 weeks ago just local channels went out when I wanted to watch Desperate Housewives. Tonight, the basketball game is on so I won't be able to watch Desperate Housewives again!

-Oh, the TV just went out again. When it came back on, Dateline NBC has an interview with a guy who looked just like my dad about 10 years ago! Creepy!


OK, that's all I have for now. I am going to make some Shake n Bake pickles!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Cara, so are you! But that is why I love ya...still can't figure out that whole eat off bone/core thing.

Jana, your friend Rea, the same person who wouldn't come to my house person? Didn't remember to get on the interstate? Please don't piss your friends off so they won't come to my house!

Rea, you can come to my house anytime you want!

I won't be able to post next week, I'm going to a mental hygiene conference at Caanan Valley so I'll be able to commit all you freaks! Miss me!

June 05, 2006 12:47 AM  
Blogger Amber Moles said...

Crackhead.

June 05, 2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

LOL, no Jen I didn't try them. It says it on the packaging!

June 05, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger The Film Geek said...

One work kept coming to mind as I read your post: Zoloft.

June 06, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger The Film Geek said...

"word..."

damn it, I hate it when I screw up a funny line with a freaking typo

June 06, 2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Marc, you haven't even met me in person yet. Just think how much more exciting Jana Land is "Live"!

June 06, 2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home