Jana Land

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Columbus...YO!

Cara and I went to Columbus on Saturday to pick California Kelly up from the airport. I was excited about the road trip even though we just drove up there and back. I even made a CD titled "Columbus..YO!" for the trip. The sad thing is that we had the CD playing the whole time at a volume we couldn't hear because we did not shut up the entire way there. I have to admit, this was one of the best road trips I have ever taken. We were starving by the time we got to Columbus and we had some time to spare before Kelly's flight landed. We thought it wouldn't be a big deal finding something to eat, but it was a bigger task than I had imagined. Apparently we weren't in the right place because several people have informed me that there are tons of places to eat in Columbus. After driving around for an hour we settled on Red Robbin, a hamburger joint. It was awesome! Also, I don't know if it was that company or if people are extremely friendly in Columbus, but everyone was so nice! We had a few other options, but Cara didn't want to agree with me. I saw this billboard for the "Wild Bean Cafe." I thought that the food on the sign looked good and that it was something different. Sounded like a good choice until I read the small print..."located at select BP stations." OK, not a good choice. I suggested maybe this little trailer on the side of the road that had fajitas, tacos and other assorted Mexican food, but Cara said she will not eat somewhere that has wheels. Cara suggested this buffet place, but I told her I wanted someone to bring my fat ass the food and I didn't want to have to get it myself. After many suggestions with no decision we decided to go to Logan's, which is how we ended up at Red Robbin next door. The food was fabulous and we found our way back to the airport with no problems.



This is Kelly. She's awesome! Her and Cara have been friends for a really long time. I probably wasn't even born yet when they met each other in college! I am so glad that I finally got to meet her. One of these days I want to make it out to California to visit.


They were doing some construction so the residents had to put their mailboxes on the barrels. It was a lot funnier at the time and in person. Maybe we were just so entertained because we were dillusional from the hunger.


This guy cracks me up everytime I see his picture. He had on pajama pants, work boots and you can't see it, but a toothpick in his mouth. Go ahead...it's ok the laugh at him!


This guy is the reason we started taking pictures of the motorcyclists. He was extremely large and his bike was not. I am also a fan of the fringe!

There you have it, our trip to Columbus. Maybe next time we will actually find Patrick's family reunion so his family can meet his girlfriends.

P.S. I'm still waiting for you to give us directions, Patrick!

9 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

I have to go to Columbus. I keep hearing great things about it. Savannah and Brandon went there for one of the hundreds of Nine Inch Nails concerts they've been to, and now they want to move there! Who knew?

August 02, 2006 3:15 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Let's plan a trip to Columbus where we can all stay the night and go out. I bet that would be barrels of fun!

August 02, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Amber Moles said...

Did you say "barrels of fun"?

August 03, 2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

OMG, you let Cara drive near construction barrels? That is dangerous! Ask her about our trip to Memphis...I have pictures!!!!!

August 03, 2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

I sure did!

August 03, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger The Film Geek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 03, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Geek, OMG, that was funny!

August 04, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger The Film Geek said...

Cara, since it is on the Internet, the idea did cross my mind. But, I guess I didn't find it as troubling as you do. Sorry for any problems.

August 04, 2006 11:25 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Time for an update!

August 09, 2006 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home