Jana Land

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Yes, I am Still Alive!!!




Well, it has been 6 months since my last post. I was looking at a few previous posts today and realized that I need to start blogging again. I miss being part of the blog world. I miss sharing my funny stories with everyone. I miss taking out my frustration with stupid people. I miss posting pictures of my friends and family.




After running through some old posts, I realized that I really miss Peanut the most! Although I have Emmy Lou, she can never replace Peanut. I know she was crazy and she was a little mean sometimes, but her and I had this special bond that will never be replaced. She was just a mutt, but she was my mutt. Maybe I am the reason she was so crazy. Maybe it was the people who abused her before I brought her home. Maybe it was in her genes. Who knows? The only thing I know is that everything happens for a reason and something bad was probably going to happen.




For those of you who do not know what happened to Peanut, I will share the story. She had a bad food aggression problem with other dogs. She had attacked my dad's dog a couple of times. The last time was right before we went out of town for my sister's wedding. She got him so bad that we had to take him to the vet and they kept him all weekend. When we got home, he had tubes coming out of his neck. My dad told me that I needed to take her to the shelter before anything else happened. About 7 months before that he had told me that I needed to get rid of her so I tried to find someone (See "Peanut Wins"). Nobody wanted to take her then so she was allowed to stay. I didn't try the second time and took her to the shelter. At the time I was living with my parents that's why she had to go. A couple of days after I took her there and after many calls to make sure she was still alive I decided that I was going to go back and get her and move out. When I called back to check on her, they told me she was put to sleep. I finally got the courage to tell my mom without the fear of crying and my mom said that Peanut had been adopted. She has a friend that volunteers at the shelter that apparently told her this (I still think she was lying to me). Either way this was really messing with my emotions. I called the shelter and told them I needed the truth. She put me on hold and came back on to break the news to me...She had been put to sleep on the third day that she was there!




Anyway, that's what happened to Peanut. I miss her so much and I still get choked up thinking about her. It was so bad that I couldn't even drink without crying because I would think about her too much. It was so bad that every time I saw someone at the campground with a dog I felt guilty for never taking Peanut. It got so bad that I finally got another dog, which brings me to introduce Emmy Lou! She is an 8 month old pug and she is also crazy! She's a sweet dog when she's tired, but usually she is wired and she loves to bite me!



She's all geared up because she has to wear a diaper right now. She went into heat the night that I made an appointment to get her fixed so we have to wait another month to get her fixed. The harness is Pork Chop's attempt to pin the diaper up, but now I use it to pull her out of the trash can! Pork Chop also bought her a $90 bark collar, which does not phase her one bit. My dad said she looks like she's getting ready to go mountain climbing with all of her gear on.


In other news, Pork Chop and I are still going strong. I have never been happier in my life. We live together and are looking to buy a house. I am against it until we are at least engaged, but I don't want to live in Elkview anymore so I will probably budge very easily if we find something we like.

Camping season is coming soon! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I'm not sure when the first trip will be, but we have plans to go to Piney Creek, NC for 6 days over Memorial Day weekend. I'm not sure how much entertainment is in that town because the median age is like 75. At least we will have each other and the dog to entertain us for a little bit.

So there it is, an update for Jana Land. I promise to post more in the future and to keep everyone updated. So many things have happened in the past year and a half that I wish I could have blogged about all of them, but I slacked off (blame it on Pork Chop)! Looking back now I wish I would have blogged about so many things, but I haven't and from this day forward I will be posting on a regular basis.

It's great to be back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I'm glad you're back to posting! I hope you keep it up! Emmy looks like a doll! Mike and I want to get a dog after the wedding and when we have a house with a fenced yard. Even though that will probably be a couple of years, we're on petfinder.com A LOT scoping out potential pups.

April 30, 2008 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home