Jana Land

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Boats, Tents, Water, Fires...


Amber's dad got a new boat and I am too excited for this summer. I didn't get to go last year and I won't mention why so this year, I have too much excitment built up inside of me. When I think about camping and the boat, I smile from ear to ear. It's by far my favorite thing to do in the summer. We aren't going until Memorial Day weekend, but that's all I think about. I can' wait, I can't sleep and I can't eat! OK, I can sleep and eat, but we are still a couple of weeks away so that may change the closer that we get to this fabulous weekend.
The truth is I wasn't always a big fan of camping. Actually my idea of camping was in my aunt or my parent's yards and by the end of the night we would end up inside. Sure, we always camped in campers, but I never experienced "real camping" until two years ago. That is when I discovered that I love camping and that it's ok not to take a shower for a couple of days. I remember asking Amber is she was bringing a hair dryer. Much to my surprise, we were camping on a hill on the side of the lake. That's right, no electricity and no bathrooms! I admit at first I didn't like the looks of it, but by the end of the weekend I was rolling around in the mud with the rest of them! It was awesome! I even left Myrtle Beach early that summer to get back to WV and camp. So, as the summer approaches us, the tents are packed and the boat is ready, all I have to say is...
HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!!! and
HAPPY CAMPING!!!
I can't wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber Moles said...

Are there fish in this lake? You've really evolved as a camper. I'm proud of you!

May 08, 2007 11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camping is gross. You are gross.
-Cara

May 09, 2007 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home