Jana Land

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum...Here Comes The Bride!

No, I am not getting married, at least not yet. My sister is and I have come to the realization of what I want to do for a career. That's right, I am starting a program to become a bridal consultant. Some of you may laugh like my dad and some of you may be happy for me like my sister and my mom. As I was looking through my sister's bridal magazine, I saw an advertisment to "become a bridal consultant". I admit, it's not something I thought I ever wanted to do even after watching "The Wedding Planner." I am not really that girl who has been planning a wedding since age 6. I honestly wasn't sure if I ever wanted to get married until recently. Last week we went to the resort where my sister is getting married and I was allowed to throw in some ideas as to what I thought. Maybe I put in a little too many and maybe I enjoyed it a little too much. Is there something wrong with that? I don't think so. Maybe I have found my calling. I have never really known what I want to do "with the rest of my life." I have always been kind of lost. The only thing I could think of that I would truly be happy at doing day after day was working for Candid Camera. That has been a dream of mine as long as I can remember. I came to my senses and realized that a girl from West Virginia probably isn't going to work for a show like Candid Camera that may not even be on TV anymore. I really don't have a clue! Anyway, as I was looking through the magazines, I realized that I loved every bit og this wedding thing and I want to plan as much as possible. I submitted my name on this website to "get more information." I got a call yesterday from the school and by the end of the phone call I was enrolled! I really think I will enjoy this as I am a very creative person and I can be very organized if I need to be. It should take 6 months to a year to finish the program. With my work schedule it will probably take me 10 years and by then I will probably lose interest! Well that's it for now. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I am very excited!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GHood for you. I am no wedding planner, but I didn't get any complaints by planning my own wedding. I had a blast doing it, but the stress of it all was a bit overwhelming. Assuring a bride-to-be that YOU have everything under control and can help them think of things they may not have thought of will be very beneficial. Good for you and I hope it works out!
Megan

April 12, 2007 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If its something you're interested in, go for it. It may be hard work, but it will pay off in the end. And getting paid for doing something you enjoy is the absolute best! Good luck!

Brett

April 16, 2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger Ms. Thomas said...

Congrats on finding something you enjoy. Planning a wedding is like hostessing a really big party... no matter what happens, as long as you keep a smile on your face and keep moving around, people will think it's the best event ever. You're a gem at ski trip games, so I have no doubt you'll make an awesome (and amazingly fun) wedding planner. You might also think about planning bachelorette parties and bridal showers with themes... they're fun too!

April 27, 2007 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home