Jana Land

Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Attempt To Help...



In my attempt to be a better person and help out others, I am going to start participating in charity walks. So far I am going to do the "Race for the Cure" on May 5th and "Relay for Life" on June 16th. I like to walk, I like to help other people and this is a great way for me to get some exercise.

"Race for the Cure" starts at 9:00 a.m. on May 5th in Charleston. I know it's Cinco de Mayo, but it will be over in plenty of time to do as many shots of tequila as you want to. I am going to do to 5K (3.1 miles) non-competitive walk. The cost is only $15 and 75% of the money raised stays right here in West Virginia. Since I am new to this kind of thing, I think I am going to join the V100 team (More details at www.v100.fm) I think it will be a good way for me to "get my feet wet" and not get overwhelmed by organizing something I have never done. This race benefits breast cancer.

"Relay for Life" starts at 6:00 p.m. on June 16th and goes until 9:00 a.m. the next day. This is the one I am really excited about. The lady described it as "a big party." That's all it took to convince me to participate. She said that we camp out down at the capital and we have to have someone from our team walking at all times. There is going to be entertainment and she said it was a lot of fun. This one is only $10.00 to participate. I am going to be a team captain for this walk.

Anyone who is interested in being on my team for either or both of the races, please let me know. If you don't want to participate, you can also make donations. I think it will be a lot of fun and we will be helping out other people!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Thomas said...

This is awesome Jana. Makes me want to actually do something for a good cause again. Enjoy the walk (and the party)!

March 09, 2007 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Jana. I did the Relay thing years ago and It Is a big party.
I am so happy that you are doing the walk, too. I do it every year. Make sure you check out all of the booths afterwards. There is a lot of valuable info...and some free stuff! :)
Megan D

March 12, 2007 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home