Jana Land

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Poor Peanut!

Well, it's official, my dad is making me get rid of Peanut! He didn't say anything for a couple of days so I had a little bit of hope, but then yesterday he asked, "Have you figured out what you are going to do with your dog?" I have posted her on my blog, put an ad on the Internet, put an ad on the radio, asked everyone possible I could think of and Rick is out handing out flyers as I type this. I hate this. I hate this more than anything I have ever had to do. I am sad. I am pissed. I don't really know what I am. This is my dog. It's like giving up a child! My sister said, "it's like asking someone to cut off their arm!" I can't believe that my dad could go from being in love with this dog to "she must go" in such a short amount of time. I really don't want to take her to the shelter, but I am probably going to on Saturday if I do not get any responses. Amber offered to take her and I really appreciate that, but I don't trust her around other dogs anymore. Pork Chop said there is no way he would take her, which even if he said yes, his brother would say no (Peanut doesn't like Mark). I just wish this never happened or would have happened later on down the road when I would be able to move out. If anyone has any suggestions, I am asking again to please let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

My heart goes out to you - this must be horrible! I'm lucky that my cat Sophie gets along well with my Mom's cat and she has a good home while I'm traveling for work.

What if Peanut stayed with Pork Chop and you paid someone to take her out / walk her during the day?

I hope you are able to find a solution that doesn't involve giving up Peanut forever!

March 02, 2007 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, you should have never moved! Just kidding. I hate that you have to get rid of her.

Kelly

March 02, 2007 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home