Jana Land

Monday, April 28, 2008

What To Do?

So I got my economic stimulus rebate put into my account on Friday. I didn't know it was coming that soon or that I had it in my account until a few minutes ago. I guess I got mine early because I used direct deposit for my regular taxes and the last two digits of my SSN are 11 (apparently that's how they determine who gets them first). Since money burns a hole in my pocket I am dieing to spend it. I think that I should purchase Rock Band for the PS3 that we never play. We almost bought it on Saturday, but we decided to get the cornhole boards out. Well, the bags are locked up in the camper so we never did either one. I knew we should've bought Rock Band. PC thinks I should pay my Lerner credit card off. It's the only credit card I have left and the balance is only about $500.

My dilemma is that I want to do something fun with this extra money. I don't want to pay bills, that's not fun. Besides, I have already paid all of my bills until June. Sure, I can pay off my credit card with my next paycheck, but I hate to do that. I like to pay it off slowly rather than give them a bunch of money up front.

As soon as I told PC about it, he asked immediately if I was going to pay off my Lerner bill. I don't know why he even cares. It's not like he has to pay for it and it's not like it's a huge balance. I wish all of my past credit cards had a balance like that. If so, I wouldn't be paying $500/month to the debt agency for what seems like eternity. PC actually comments on a regular basis that, "I need to get my money right and then we'll talk about it". Well, as far as I am concerned my money is right. I don't use credit cards nor do I have them anymore. I use my debit card for everything. I don't ask him for money. I always pay half of the bills, groceries and other stuff. We take turns when we go out so he doesn't always pay for everything. I guess my money will never be right until I have an insane amount of money in my checking account, just like he does. Until then I will probably have to hear, "you need to get your money right and then we'll talk about it."

So I guess there will be no harm in going and buying something for $150. I am going to hear it no matter how much money I have or what I spend it on, so I might as well get something fun and rock it out!

FYI...I will probably be buying it today if I get a chance to get out of the office!



2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

An accountant by trade, I agree with PC - but I also think you should spend a little bit on something fun. Maybe you could do half and half? I'm personally going to be stimulating the economy in a few weeks on vacation in South Beach Miami with a girlfriend. Bring on the fruity drinks and hot (gay) men!

April 30, 2008 4:27 PM  
Blogger Philip Deskins said...

Buy Rock Band and bring it to Ski Trip IX. That's my two cents

April 30, 2008 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home